Tuesday 17 January 2012

Out to research

Old Car. Found at http://www.123rf.com



My dear friend has tasked me with a very interesting topic: Tim McGraw said something very intriguing about his wife, Faith Hill: “She's a straight shooter, that's for sure. She doesn't take any *nonsense* from anybody.” Her point is that McGraw did not mention her beauty, intelligence or accomplishments but simply her character. So I'm researching the angelic character of a woman and I'm at the same time researching the role of women: working vs housewife. I was hoping to have posted something on these today but unfortunately there is just too much to write about! I'll try to have something up on the Fascinating Feminine page by the end of the week.

So long I'll leave you with a little appetizer... My new year’s resolution this year was to wear more skirts and dresses. In fact, I said I will only wear pants when it is too cold for a dress or when it is just too impractical. Needless to say my husband loves this and I have experienced, more than ever, him treating me like a lady.

This weekend we were at his parent’s house and we had quite a bit to do. I wanted to have my car washed but wasn’t sure there would be a car-wash open on a Sunday so J said he would wash it for me. I thanked him but said I would help him. I would hold the hose and run the water over the car while he washed it with soap and a cloth. Well, this was just not acceptable to him. I was not going to help him wash the car because my dress would get wet. So he sent me back inside to drink tea with mom-in-law!

As you start to wear more dresses does your husband or boyfriend start to treat you differently; does he treat you more like a lady? Do men in general treat you more like a lady? Please share to encourage other women with your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment